Little Caesars is eager to work with entrepreneurial multi-unit experts from around the world
From a single store to a global chain, Little Caesars Pizza charted a path to global success starting in 1959 when founders Mike and Marian Ilitch opened their first restaurant in Michigan.
By 1962 the brand began franchising, and by 1969, it went international. Today, the brand is the third-largest pizza chain in the world1 and there’s no denying that Little Caesars Pizza is doing something right. Known for its value, convenience and quality tasting pizzas, Little Caesars has become a household name and has been named “Best Value in America” for 14 years in a row. 2
It is currently operating in 27 countries and territories on four continents with aggressive expansion plans to bring the iconic pizza brand to more countries around the world and to additional U.S. markets.
PERIOD OF UNPRECEDENTED GROWTH
Little Caesars, bolstered by a dedicated team supporting its franchisees around the globe, is currently experiencing one of its largest periods of domestic and international growth in its 60-plus year history.
The brand has doubled its global presence in the last seven years. Most recently, the chain entered Colombia, Singapore, Peru and Chile. Later this year, new stores are set to open in Portugal, Russia and the United Kingdom.
With an attractive business model, strong brand awareness and quality products, there are valuable growth opportunities for entrepreneurs all over the world.
“We are honored to be named the Best Food and Beverage franchise by the Global Franchise Awards,” says Marc DaSilva, vice president of international development. “Pizza is beloved throughout the world and we are seeing an incredible amount of growth in the pizza category today, which makes now an excellent time for new franchisees to join Little Caesars Pizza.
“Little Caesars stands apart because we offer great tasting pizza at an amazing, everyday value in each and every market we operate in – and that resonates with our customers. We are so excited to work with new franchisees as we continue to expand globally and to have the opportunity to serve more families.”
“We are seeing an incredible amount of growth in the pizza category today, which makes now an excellent time for new franchisees to join Little Caesars Pizza”
The chain has a strong commitment to technology and innovation, which is one of the driving forces behind the incredible growth of Little Caesars. In 2004, the brand launched its Hot-N-Ready model, which allowed customers to walk in the door and pick up freshly made pizzas and side items without waiting, and with no need to order in advance.
And then, most recently in 2018, the company introduced the next evolution of convenience with the revolutionary Reserve-NReady system, which features the breakthrough Pizza Portal pickup – the first heated, self-service mobile order pick-up station in the quick-service restaurant industry.
Customers simply order and prepay using the Little Caesars app or website, then retrieve their order from a secured, heated compartment in the Portal using a QR code or three-digit pin. The technology is currently in the United States, Canada, and Mexico – and will be rolling out to new international markets later this year.
As if purchasing an affordable, great-tasting pizza at unmatched value couldn’t be easier, Little Caesars launched its delivery service in the U.S. and Canada in partnership with DoorDash in January 2020.
Now when customers order on the Little Caesars app or website, they can choose to have their order delivered straight to their doorstep through a completely contactless experience. And, in true Little Caesars fashion, the brand has captured the value niche in the delivery market and is the lowest priced pizza delivered, guaranteed.3
A GREAT PRODUCT AT A GREAT PRICE
Through all the transformations, the top priority for Little Caesars has steadfastly remained creating a great-tasting product at an incredible value. Pizza is made with quality ingredients including dough that is made fresh in stores daily, sauce that is fresh-packed and never frozen, and a signature blend of mozzarella and Muenster cheeses. A simple menu ensures the ability to provide quality products at a low cost, ready when the customer arrives.
There is no doubt that Little Caesars is an exceptionally high-growth company with decades of experience in the $145bn worldwide pizza industry. Little Caesars is continually looking for franchise candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit and experience in multi-unit restaurant and retail management to further capitalize on the phenomenal global opportunity of the brand.
The company is committed to supporting its franchisees in all necessary disciplines including supply chain, marketing, training, operations, and architecture. Additionally, Little Caesars offers its franchisees a variety of store layout options – even those for areas with small footprints – to ensure the concept works in their market.
Little Caesars has achieved its rapid growth around the world because of a great brand and its dedicated franchisees. As consumers’ affinity for pizza continues to grow in the multi-billion-dollar pizza industry, Little Caesars is excited to expand into new markets with exceptional franchisees.
IDEAL INVESTOR PROFILE
- International franchising: Minimum $1.5m net worth under an area development agreement with additional minimum requirements for liquid/cash assets. Minimums may vary depending upon the number of stores to be developed. Sufficient liquid assets and capital to support an aggressive store development schedule while sustaining a strong advertising program
- U.S. franchising: Minimum $250,000 net worth and $100,000 liquid asset requirements
- Demonstrated enthusiasm, drive, passion, and a proven record of success in the restaurant/retail industry
- Comprehensive understanding of the trade area and real estate in the region to be developed
- Dedicated, locally based, full-time support staff for developing the Little Caesars brand
- Multi-unit restaurant/retail management experience as owner and/or operator
1. Third largest pizza chain in the world – based on net number of stores in 2020
2. “Highest Rated Chain – Value for the Money” based on a nationwide survey of national quick-service restaurant customers conducted by Sandelman & Associates, 2007-2020.
3. Lowest price claim is based on the price, on a (U.S.) national basis, of an online delivered pizza order with all delivery fees for the top four (U.S.) national pizza chains (excluding third party online sites). Comparison based on a large Little Caesars pizza, with up to five toppings, ordered from LittleCaesars.com, and the other three (U.S.) national pizza chains’ comparable large pizza(s), sold at every day menu prices with all delivery fees. Delivery available from participating locations. Plus tax.
AT A GLANCE
Location of units: Restaurants in 27 countries and territories worldwide
Investment range: Starting at $350,000
Minimum required capital: $1.5m (international franchising) $250,000 (U.S. franchising)
Marc DaSilva, Vice President of International Development O +1 (313) 471-6639 | C +1 (313) 802-7411 Marc.dasilva@LCEcorp.com
Craig Sherwood, Vice President of U.S. Development O +1 (313) 471-6942 Craig.Sherwood@LCEcorp.com