Making members stronger, physically and mentally. Those aren’t just words on paper, they’re words 9Round lives by. The mission at 9Round is to make members stronger in 30 minutes, physically and mentally. The fitness brand is dedicated to enriching people’s lives and strengthening communities through the kickboxing fitness program, and its network of franchisees is the most important part of making the brand’s mission a reality.
What is 9Round?
9Round was founded with humble beginnings in 2008 by Shannon “The Cannon” Hudson, a world champion kickboxer, and his wife Heather “The Hero” Hudson, an avid fitness enthusiast. Since then, Shannon and Heather Hudson, with the help of its franchisees and their teams, 9Round has grown tremendously with over 600 locations now open and has been delivering fast, effective, full-body workouts to members of local studios in the U.S., Canada, and across the globe including studios in Mexico, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Ecuador, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, the UAE, United Kingdom, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand, and Australia. And they’re not finished yet!
They’re expanding rapidly as the 9Round workout continues to gain popularity as people search for a fast, fun workout they don’t have to schedule their lives around. With a kickboxing instructor facilitating the workout programs, 9Round is able to ensure each session is effective for every member at every fitness level.
With an intense kickboxing workout, 9Round provides some of the most extensive training programs available, giving consumers a truly satisfying workout experience and the ability to hit their fitness goals. Boutique fitness franchises are at an all-time high, and 9Round delivers energetic trainers, passionate people, ongoing training and demanding workouts with a small real estate footprint.
- Named Global Franchise’s 2021 Best Fitness Franchise
- Founded in 2008
- Over 600 units open and operating
- Open in 18 countries
- Proven systems & dedicated support
How does the 9Round franchise model work?
For international expansion, 9Round utilizes a master franchisee or area developer model. This allows business-minded entrepreneurs all over the globe to pair their local knowledge with the brand’s proven systems to develop a 9Round footprint in their region.
Master developers expand through corporate development, sub-franchising, or both. Individual 9Round studios can then create a successful membership experience and a return on investment for all stakeholders.
What kind of franchisees is 9Round looking for?
99Round’s ideal master franchisee is a successful business owner or entrepreneur with the financial capacity and operational ability to develop 9Round in their country.
What kind of training and support does 9Round offer its franchisees?
Initial training and support for international master developers within the 9Round system includes:
- A dedicated in-house support rep to help them through everything from opening their first studio to supporting sub-franchisees
- Comprehensive in-person training at 9Round World Headquarters to equip them with the knowledge they need to run their 9Round business
- Online training modules that demonstrate exactly how to run a 9Round business to brand standards
- Marketing blueprints and materials that can be adapted to capture prospects in their country
- Tried-and-true branded equipment with the signature 9Round look to outfit their studios
- Daily workouts delivered directly to all 9Round locations via the online intranet to ensure quality, professionally programmed workouts to keep members excited, engaged, and seeing results
- Technology systems, including proprietary heart rate software and hardware to increase member engagement, and an easily-translatable website to help raise awareness and capture prospect information in their country
- The annual world convention that allow master developers to collaborate with other international franchise owners and area developers, as well as attend educational seminars and learn the latest and greatest developments from 9Round Home Office to support continuous improvement
What does the franchisee get in return?
- Unique fitness concept — 30-minute kickboxing circuit
- Highly scalable — low CapEx
- Well-developed systems and support
- Small footprint — low overhead
- Expand through sub-franchising or corporate development
How in demand is 9Round’s services?
The boutique fitness studio continues to spearhead growth in the franchised fitness market. 9Round is the undisputed global leader in the kickboxing category.
9Round’s trainer-driven 30-minute workout, small box scalable club design, recurring revenue membership model, industry-leading franchisee training and support and proven marketing approach all add up to profit for its international developers.
Entrepreneurs who have the business experience to develop the 9Round brand in their country, there has never been a better time than now to explore the 9Round master franchise opportunity.
Is 9Round targeting any areas for expansion?
The prospective franchisee should target these areas:
Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, BeNeLux, Switzerland, Austria, Scandinavia, Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Philippines, Malaysia, China, India, Pakistan, South America
Terms and conditions
10 years, with additional 10-year options as long as the franchisee is in compliance with the franchise agreement and subject to executing the then-current franchise agreement.
Minimum capital required $600,000.
Country or regionally exclusive multi-unit/area development/master franchise opportunities available.
Listen to our podcast with Shannon Hudson, the co-founder and CEO of 9Round