Used Products focuses on buying, selling, and pawning a wide range of sustainable products, both new and second-hand. As part of this, the franchise offers instant (cash) money to customers for their items, and then provides warranty with every purchase.
The franchise also combines its physical shops with a strong online presence. This allows the business to serve a diverse set of customer demands efficiently.
Used Products’ franchise system was founded in 1997 and has more than 60 stores in five European countries.
The brand has been growing steadily in its founding country of the Netherlands for several years, but Used Products is also on the rise abroad.
In Belgium, Germany, Romania, and Slovenia, Used Products has successfully opened its first shops and is eager to talk with potential franchisees who want to benefit from its established business model.
With more than 25 years of experience in supporting franchisees, Used Products offer a franchise formula that’s sustainable and ready for the future.
The ultimate goal here is to create shops that go beyond the typical second-hand shop.
Used Products wants its shops to look and feel like brand-new retail stores, providing a comfortable environment where customers feel right at home.
The business believes this dedication to quality and customer comfort is what makes the brand different from other second-hand stores, offering a shopping experience that’s truly one-of-a-kind and top-notch.
How does the Used Products business model work?
Used Products shops buy and sell a wide range of used products directly from and to customers.
In addition, the franchise offers customers a unique service that allows them to buy back their durable used products.
Someone who needs cash temporarily sells their product with the option to buy back that product.
Training and support
As a franchisee of Used Products you will receive:
- Access to a unique business model in a private and exclusive region.
- Established know-how and expertise from the industry.
- Support, help, and advice in choosing the location and business premises.
- Assistance in developing the business plan.
- A private advertising agency with industry experience.
- Use of all possibilities of the Used Products POS system.
- Detailed manual with all actions within the franchise concept.
- Intensive training for you and your staff.
- Extensive starter package with basic products to get you started.
- 24/7 helpdesk with know-how, support, product information, etc.
- Your own website, web shop and online portal with a local domain name.
Starting your own Used Products franchise, like all investments, requires careful planning and some capital. While the exact investment varies depending on the country, location, and store size, here’s a general idea to get you started:
- Personal investment: Typically, a minimum personal capital of €40,000 is desired. This lays a strong foundation and opens up additional financing options you might pursue.
- Total investment range: Depending on the various named factors, the total investment to kick-start a store ranges from €75,000 to €150,000.
- Stocking your store: A significant portion of your investment goes into acquiring your initial stock – a vital component for a successful start.
In some countries, additional financing opportunities might be available, while in others, it can be more challenging.
Regardless, the Used Products team is prepared to guide and advise you every step of the way, ensuring you have the information and support to make the best decisions for your unique situation.
Why invest in Used Products?
At Used Products, the CEO has spent years on the shop floor, ensuring everyone truly understands the heartbeat of the business.
There are no layers of distant management – just a genuine, down-to-earth approach, supported by top-tier tools like a tailor-made POS system and dedicated website and webshop.
If you’re eager to shape a brighter, sustainable future under the mentorship of those who’ve walked the path, reach out.