The Global Franchise Awards is once again heading to the USA to celebrate the best of the best in franchising, here’s how to increase your chances of clinching an award.
This year, the awards will be held during the IFA Annual Convention in Phoenix, pushing brands in front of hundreds of industry experts and investors, and thousands more online. For example, last year’s coverage of the awards was seen by more than 700,000 people.
“We were recognized as global franchise champions last year, and it really kickstarted an amazing year for us,” says Callum Mackay, General Manager at Boost Juice International. “For our existing franchise network, after a couple of hard years with Covid, they really got a boost to be recognized with this award and we also saw a huge uplift in enquiries as a result.”
Mackay touches on a key point. The advantages of industry recognition via awards expand beyond propelling a business into public sight. Quite often, a win can reaffirm the efforts of those working hard within a franchise, as well as continue to anchor the business to its values and purpose.
Those looking to tap into these advantages can submit their franchise into multiple categories at The Global Franchise Awards 2024, via globalfranchise.com/awards.
The deadline for submissions is December 8, 2023. The final awards ceremony will take place in Phoenix, Arizona on February 16, 2024.
“We were recognized as global franchise champions last year, and it really kickstarted an amazing year for us”Callum Mackay, General Manager at Boost Juice International
Your guide to entering the Global Franchise Awards
Choose the most relevant categories and include as much detail as possible. There are plenty of categories to enter at next year’s awards, from food and fitness to children’s services and marketing. Target those most relevant to your business for the best chance of winning.
Categories for Global Franchise Awards 2024
- Best children’s service and education franchise
- Best food and drink franchise
- Best fitness franchise
- Best lifestyle franchise
- Best signage and communications franchise
- Best white-collar franchise
- Best emerging franchise Best nursing and care franchise
- Best property maintenance franchise
- Global franchise champion
- Best franchise law firm
- Best franchise consultancy
- Best franchise PR firm
- Best franchise marketing firm Regional champions: Americas; Europe; Middle East and Africa; Asia-Pacific
Understand judging criteria. The panel of expert judges will be assessing all entries by a specific set of criteria so make sure your submission aligns with their focus. This includes:
- Global intentions: show how you’re planning to grow your franchise across countries in a sustainable and ethical way, regardless of whether you’ve started this expansion yet.
- Good franchisee and franchisor relationships: demonstrate how the franchise collaborates and communicates as well as provides support during tough times.
- Innovative marketing: outline what promotions your franchise has rolled out during 2023. This could be online, in print, on social media – or something totally unexpected.
- Contributed to international franchising: explain how your franchise has contributed to the business community. This could be through exhibitions, keynote speeches, extracurricular organizations, or anything else that makes the industry a better place to work in.
Write a stellar submission
Put hands to keyboard and tell the judges exactly why your franchise should be a winner at The Global Franchise Awards. Make sure to:
- Outline how your franchise meets the judging criteria.
- Highlight your franchise’s unique selling points. Use data and specific examples to support your points.
- Tell a unique story that demonstrates your brand.
- Be clear and avoid technical jargon or industry cliches.
- Proofread to catch grammar and spelling mistakes before submitting.
Promote your franchise
If nominated, make sure to shout about it on social media in the lead up to the awards ceremony. And if your franchise wins… there’s even more cause for celebration online.
You can submit your entry to the Global Franchise Awards here.