Sola Salons has announced the signing of four franchise agreements, with a mix of existing and new franchisees. The brand is looking to expand its presence in key territories across Ontario, Canada, including Toronto, Durham, Kitchener-Waterloo, Markham, Richmond Hill, Hamilton and Barrie. These four new agreements are expected to net the brand nine new franchised locations.
“While Canada just reopened salon businesses in late 2021 due to challenges the pandemic brought, Sola Salons continued to grow its international development, further showcasing the strength of our business model,” said Christina Russell, CEO at Sola Salons.
“We are excited to continue to plant our roots in Canada through our membership with the Canadian Franchise Association, welcome new franchisees and watch our existing owners grow throughout Canada.”
The new and existing Sola franchise agreements signed include:
- Business partners Kevin Lent and John Platten currently own three locations in Ontario
- Multi-unit franchisee, Ron Magnusson, owns the Calgary, Alberta location
- Denise Muller will develop one location in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario
- Larry Lloyd and Mike McDonald will develop three locations in Ontario’s Durham region
- New owner, Mike Ruthard, will develop three locations in North York, Richmond Hill, and Markham
- Ammar Aboulnasr signed an agreement to develop two locations in Hamilton and Barrie, Ontario.
The brand recently acquired 20 franchised locations to add to its corporate portfolio, read more here.